The Commonwealth Government funds Harvest Trail Services which aim to connect workers with employers in harvest areas across Australia.
Part of this service includes hosting the Harvest Trail website www.harvesttrail.gov.au
This site provides a jobs board for all harvest and horticulture vacancies in all states.
The site attracts over 20,000 visitors each month and continues to be a popular site for prospective employees, including international students and backpackers.
As an employer, you are able to list your vacancies on this site – all at no cost.
The only requirement on an employer’s behalf is to:
- Pay employees the correct wage rates.
- Understand and abide by other workplace requirements, and
- Manage employees appropriately.
Harvest Work includes the following activities:
- production of Harvest Crops, including picking and pollinating;
- planting and preparation for planting of Harvest Crops, including clearing and trenching;
- propagation of Harvest Crops, including growing new plants from seeds;
- packing shed operations;
- local and immediate Harvest Crop processing within a Harvest Area;
- local storage and local transportation of Harvest Crops.
For help with listing your vacancies, call the Harvest Trail Information Service on free call 1800 062 332.
Operators can assist you to lodge and list your vacancies.
If you are located in a dedicated Harvest Area, you can also make contact with your local Harvest Services Office.